Here’s an easy chicken alfredo recipe that features soft noodles drenched in the most amazing cream sauce and golden pan-fried, seasoned chicken breasts. An impressive dinner that takes no more than 30 minutes to prepare!
Chicken Alfredo: What Is It?
A traditional pasta dish that is popular and adored by people worldwide is chicken alfredo. The meal consists of chicken, fettuccine pasta, and a thick, creamy sauce made with heavy cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Even though the origin of this dish is still unknown, a few theories can help shed light on its past.
Ingredients Needed for This Dish
There are three key ingredients in chicken Alfredo pasta, each of which is excellent on its own and even better when combined:
After seasoning, chicken breasts are pan-seared in butter and olive oil until the outside has a golden crust and the inside is still moist. Because the cream sauce adds so much flavor, we keep the ingredients simple and use only salt, pepper, and our unique Italian seasoning blend.
This dish’s bed of pasta is cooked in salted water until it’s al dente. Here, a long, flat, noodle-like fettuccine works best since it gives the sauce more surface area to cling to. Another excellent option is linguini, or penne, with ridges that capture the sauce. Any kind of spaghetti will do.
For this dish, we utilized our favorite Alfredo Sauce recipe. The most amazing white sauce coats the cooked pasta in minutes using butter, heavy whipping cream, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, and seasonings.
How to Prepare a Chicken Alfredo Recipe?
So how to make chicken alfredo? This dish comes together quickly, so prepare all the ingredients beforehand. This is an overview of chicken alfredo recipe:
- Bring the noodles to a boil: Follow the directions on the package to cook the fettuccine al dente.
- Cook the chicken: Once seasoned, pan-fry it in butter and oil for six minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Place onto a chopping board, give it a few minutes to rest, and then cut into slices that are 1/2 inch thick. While you make the sauce, cover with foil.
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce: In the pan you used to cook the chicken, combine the cream, butter, and seasonings. Finally, add the Parmesan and stir until it melts and blends well.
- Combine: After draining the pasta, set aside a small amount of liquid to thin the sauce. Toss with Alfredo sauce right away. Spoon spaghetti into each serving bowl, then add some cooked chicken slices. If preferred, garnish with extra Parmesan, black pepper, and parsley.
- Prepare Ahead: Although it’s best to prepare and serve chicken Alfredo immediately, it may be prepared up to one day ahead of time. It is not advisable to prepare the sauce in advance.
- Remaining food: Keeping any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container is recommended. It can last for three days.
- Reheat the chicken Alfredo on the stovetop, stirring gently over low heat until well combined. Note that the sauce may likely separate during this process.
Suggestions for Serving Chicken Alfredo
We like to serve a simple, light side salad with any hefty entrée like this one. A simple side salad’s crisp flavor and delicate texture nicely counterbalance the rich, creamy alfredo sauce. They would also go nicely with some Lemon Pepper Zucchini or Garlic Roasted Asparagus. Of course, spaghetti night wouldn’t be complete without some freshly prepared garlic bread!
The specialty of the chicken alfredo recipe lies in its rich and creamy sauce, tender chicken, and versatility. This dish is a true classic in Italian-American cuisine and is beloved by many for its delicious flavors and comforting qualities. Whether enjoyed at a restaurant or made at home, Chicken Alfredo will satisfy pasta lovers and comfort food enthusiasts alike.